Students and faculty from Pellissippi cleaning up New Orleans on their spring break.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Family Vacation in NOLA!

My brother called yesterday with a cheap time share deal, last night we had the big discussion and this morning we’re hoping to go to New Orleans for a week! We’ll stay at Club La Pension, which is at the edge of the Quarter just off Canal.

See, somehow my wife Karen still doesn’t think of New Orleans as a place for a family vacation, even though we took our oldest daughter when she was 4 months old. Maybe it’s the fact that I when she cried I took her to Bourbon Street. I figure if people actually go to Las Vegas and take the kids, New Orleans should be a walk in the park. Or the French Quarter.

These folks really need our tourist dollars right now, and I’d like to show the ninth ward to my family first hand. I’m curious to see if any of the houses we gutted are being rebuilt yet. Anyway, I have this sentimental idea that Americans should rally behind the city right now and plan a vacation there!

I saw this comic from New Orleans wearing these cool t-shirts on Last Comic Standing. I want one to match my tattoo.

On a side note, I’m working on getting some audiobooks donated to New Orleans libraries ruined by Katrina. If anyone knows librarians in the city, leave a comment below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home