Students and faculty from Pellissippi cleaning up New Orleans on their spring break.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Deadline extended

I talked to Diana with ACORN today, and she gave me another week to add people to our trip. So email your friends and have them let me know via email (just click the link below my face.)

So far we have 13 people, including 3 faculty members and 10 students and friends. Since this is not an official Pellissippi trip, anyone who's over 18 can go. We need more drivers too. Drivers would take their own vehicle with the other three passengers kicking in $30 each for gas. The trip is about 1200 miles round trip, so at $2.26 per gallon (the price here when I checked) driving a car that gets 25 mpg, $30 should just about cover it.

I'm also working on some nifty graphics for our trip. T-shirts and other stuff will be available to buy through Cafe Press. Anybody know a t-shirt printer willing to donate some shirts for a good cause?

Watch for posts about Mardi Gras and why the party must go on this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home